1. What to bring with you to the DMV for your permit test:
- DMV application (DL44) (note: a parent or guardian signature required for minors)
- Verification of Birth (birth certificate – no photo copies, passport, green card, resident alien card, or military id)
- Residency Documents
- Driver’s Education Certificate of completion (required for anyone under 17 years of age)
- Required Fee (cash, personal check or money order payable to DMV)
- Glasses or Contacts if needed for vision test
- We highly recommend reading the Driver Handbook prior to taking your permit test. To access the 2017 Driver Handbook, please visit https://www.dmv.ca.gov/web/eng_pdf/dl600.pdf
- For more information, please visit www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/dl/checklists/permit_under18
- What does the DMV require for me to get my License?
The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) requirements are:
- Student must be minimum of 16 years of age
- Student must have Permit for a minimum of 6 months. In order to get your permit, you must complete an online Driver’s Education Course and be at least 15 years of age. For more information visit: mycarpermit.com
- 6 Hours of Behind-the-Wheel Drivers Training with a Licensed Instructor
- 25 Hours of Classroom Education
- 50 Hours of Supervised driving practice that includes 10 hours at night
- What do you need to bring for the DMV Road Test?
- Permit with Photo receipt (parent or guardian signature required to verify additional training for minors)
- Driver’s Education Certificate (required for minors)
- Driver’s Training Certificate of Completion (required for minors)
- Vehicle Registration and Insurance
- Glasses or Contacts if required
- Do I need to bring anything with me when I go on my driving lesson?
If you have already paid for your lesson, then the only thing required is that you have your permit on you!
- How do I pay for lessons?
You can pay using cash, check, or credit card.
- Can I pay as I go, or do I need to pay for my package up front?
At Five O Driving School, we do offer pay as you go options prior to each lesson. However, if you would like to receive a discount on your package price, you can pay for your entire package up front.
- What are your hours of operation?
We are open 7 days a week, excluding Holidays
8. Do you offer any specials or discounts?
Please call today to find out about our monthly specials or discounts available.
- What areas do you serve?
- Arroyo Grande
- Avila Beach
- Grover Beach (5 Cities)
- Morro Bay
- Paso Robles
- Pismo Beach
- San Luis Obispo
- Santa Maria
- Shell Beach
10. What if I have more questions?
We are happy to answer any further questions. Please give us a call at (805) 270-4331
For more information visit www.dmv.ca.gov
To schedule a DMV appointment at your local DMV, please visit www.dmv.ca.gov
DMV Hours of Operation may vary by location. You can view DMV office hours on their website or call toll free at 1-800-777-0133